Last Updated: August 13, 2018
We at Electus Foundation, Inc. (“Electus Foundation,” “we,” “us,” “our”) care about you (“you”, “user”, “learner”) and how your personal information is used and shared. We take your privacy seriously and are committed to creating a safe and secure environment for learners of all ages. This Policy is designed to help you understand what information we collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it. Thank you for taking the time to carefully read it.
- ABOUT Electus Foundation
Electus Foundation is a leading critical skills education company. We empower learners of all ages with the skills necessary to be successful in life and work. This Policy applies to all Electus Foundation products, services, and website (collectively the “Service”). This Policy describes how Electus Foundation collects, uses and discloses the information it collects via the Service. In some instances, our Service may be accessible via a third party website, including that of an Authorized Entity (defined below). This Policy does not apply to how a third party or an Authorized Entity collects, uses, or discloses any information related to Service users. By using the Service, you acknowledge that Electus Foundation will handle your personal information as described in this Policy. Your use of our Service, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, located at https://platform.Electus Foundation.net/registration/login, which may from time to time be amended.
Electus Foundation Websites
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Electus Foundation’s digital learning platform offers educational courses on different critical skills in the K-12, Higher Education, and Adult markets. We may collect information about you directly from you and automatically through your usage. Information We Collect Directly: Where you register with us, or communicate to us, depending on the Service, we may collect the following information:
- Contact information and common identifiers: Such as name, address, and email address;
- Login details: Including username and password;
- Employment details (depending on the offering): Including information about a user’s employment, company details and details of whether individual is an educator. This may reveal general salary bandings based on industry knowledge;
- Education history;
- Demographic information: For example where an offering asks an individual to specify a banding of credit score rating for financial health courses;
- Preferences: Based on user specific implementations and information about user activities within the Service, including information about the content modules a user views, starts or finishes (including data and time stamps), assessments or scores, and related information, and other information about a user’s activities and use of the Service in order to ensure our digital learning is appropriately teaching the desired critical skill.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Electus Foundation generally uses the information we collect as follows:
- To provide the Service; communicate with you about your use of the Service (including via email); to respond to your inquiries; to send you surveys; to fulfill your requests; and for other customer service or internal purposes.
- To troubleshoot any technical issues you might experience while using our Service.
- To send you communications about additional digital courses, services and other information we think may interest you where we have appropriate permissions.
- To better understand how users access and use our Service, in order to improve our Service, to respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To develop aggregated reports and related analysis regarding user activities.
- To tailor the educational content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your learning experience while using our Service.
- To comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to a subpoena or court order.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- HOW WE LINK AND INTERACT WITH OTHER WEBSITES
Our Service may contain links to other websites not owned or operated by Electus Foundation, and may provide Service users with access to other websites and services. This may include providing users with the ability to share and automatically post updates (including updates about badges and prizes received in connection with the Service) through social media outlets, such as Facebook and Twitter. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third-party websites or services and any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of each and every website you visit.
- HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- INFORMATION FOR EU INDIVIDUALS
The data controller of the information collected through the Service is Electus Foundation, Inc., which is headquartered in the United States at 3299 K Street NW, Suite 400, Washington DC 20007. To exercise any rights that you may have with regard to your personal information, you may contact us privacy@Electus Foundation.com. The legal basis for using your personal information. We collect your information as a data controller when we have a legal basis to do so. The following legal basis pertains to our collection of data:
- Our use of your personal information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization to perform our contractual requirements with our clients to make improvements to our products and services and enhance the customer and educational experience. This applies to our processing activities described in sections 3A, 3B, 3C (save where we need consent by local law), 3D, 3E and 3F.
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have in particular where we are required to disclose personal information to a court, tax authority or regulatory body in the event of an investigation. This applies to our processing activities described in sections 3G and 3H.
- Our use of your personal information is in accordance with your consent. This applies to our processing activities described in section 3C (where required by local law).
If you would like to find out more about the legal basis for processing personal information, please contact us privacy@Electus Foundation.com. Your Legal Rights. Subject to certain exemptions, and dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, European Union individuals have certain rights in relation to personal information: Right to access, correct, and delete your personal information: You have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and: (a) the source of your personal information; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred. You also have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies or delete your information. We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims. Right to restrict the processing of your personal information: You have the right to restrict the use of your personal information when (i) you contest the accuracy of the data; (ii) the use is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data; (iii) we no longer need the personal information for the relevant purposes, but we require it for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to our personal information use justified on our legitimate interests verification as to whether we have a compelling interest to continue to use your data. We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where: (a) we have your consent; or (b) to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (c) to protect the rights of another natural or legal person. Right to data portability: To the extent that we process your information: (i) based on your consent or under a contract; and (ii) through automated means, you have the right to receive such personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller.
|Right to object to the processing of your personal information: You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.|
Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority: You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authorityif you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time. How to Exercise Your Rights: If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please send us a request privacy@Electus Foundation.com. In your message, please indicate the right you would like to exercise and the information to which it relates. We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes before disclosing the personal information requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would affect the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way. Retention. We will keep your information accurate, complete and up to date. We will retain your data for the period necessary to fulfil the different purposes outlined in section 3, typically for students this will be a period of four years and for corporate organizations will be as long as we are contracted to maintain data. Where we are required to do so to meet legal and regulatory requirements, we will retain your data for longer periods of time, but only where permitted to do so, including so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a possibility of legal action relating to your data or dealings.
- HOW TO CONTACT US